2 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
6 T. cold butter
¼ tsp. kosher salt
1 c. buttermilk
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. Cut in butter to flour mixture until the size of small peas.
3. Add buttermilk and knead into a dough.
4. Roll into 1” thick slab.
5. Cut out biscuits with cutter.
6. Place on baking sheet and bake in 450 degree pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes.
Turkey-sage gravy ingredients:
2 c. chicken or turkey stock
1 c. heavy cream
1 c. cooked turkey
¼ c. ea. small diced celery, onion, carrots
1 T. chiffonade sage
¼ c. buerre manie (3 T. soft butter with 3 T. flour)
1. Add turkey to pot and brown.
2. Add vegetables and allow to sweat.
3. Add stock and cream and bring to a boil.
4. Add beurre manie and cook until thick and smooth.
5. Finish with sage and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Pour turkey gravy over biscuits and serve.
Garnish with leftover pulled turkey leg meat and fried sage leaves.
yields 1 dozen biscuits and one quart gravy