By pastry chef Kevin Pysell, Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort // photo by Agnes Lopez
2⁄₃ c. brown sugar
8 1/₃ c. all-purpose flour
4 ½ c. granulated sugar
2 T. vanilla extract
1 lb. pumpkin purée
22 T. butter, melted
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
3 T. cinnamon
2 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. ground clove
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 lb. white chocolate chips
extra cinnamon and sugar for topping
1. Mix sugars, pumpkin and vanilla extract. Scrape bowl to keep mixture smooth.
2. Add melted butter to sugar mixture, scraping sides to keep smooth.
3. Combine all dry ingredients. Fold into sugar-butter mixture to incorporate.
4. Add white chocolate chips and incorporate.
5. Scoop onto cookie sheets. Top cookies with a cinnamon-sugar mix. Bake at 365° F for 10-12 minutes.
makes 100 cookies