By Chris Cohen, Executive Chef, Bistro Aix // photo by Agnes Lopez
Recipe: Aix Grenobloise
- 4 pieces of sole, 6 oz. each
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 T. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 T. capers
- 2 T. chopped parsley
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- ¼ c. white wine
- Warm a skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil.
- Sear each piece of fish on one side until brown. Remove the fish from the pan and return the pan to the stove.
- Add lemon juice, wine, and capers to the skillet; reduce slightly. Slowly add butter, one tablespoon at a time, until butter melts and sauce thickens. Add parsley and whisk to incorporate.
- Add fish back to the skillet; toss to coat with sauce.
- Plate each piece of fish with buttered green beans and roasted potatoes. Garnish with leftover sauce and chopped fresh parsley.