Blithe Spirit follows the tale of socialite and novelist Charles Condomine, who invites an eccentric medium and clairvoyant to his house to conduct a séance, hoping to gather material for his next book. The scheme backfires when, after the séance, he finds himself haunted by the ghost of his annoying and temperamental first wife, Elvira. Elvira makes continual attempts to disrupt Charles’ marriage to his second wife, Ruth, who cannot see or hear the ghost. The show runs at the Alhambra Theatre and Dining now through June 5.
The Alhambra's executive chef DeJuan Roy creates a new menu for each show, and for Blithe Spirit, the menu features:
- Appetizer of deviled eggs, candied bacon, pepper jelly and toast points*, or
- Napa cabbage salad with field peas, cucumber, heirloom tomato, fried wontons and Mandarin orange dressing*
- Bangers and mash with sweet pea coulis, grain mustard and caper relish *GF*, or
- Pan-seared brook trout with cauliflower grits, tomato, charred corn, thyme, Meyer lemon and brown butter, or
- Pan-sautéed chicken breast and pappardelle pasta with creamy Provençal sauce and asparagus, or
- Seasonal vegetable flatbread with field pea hummus, goat cheese and feta
- Yorkshire bread pudding with whiskey sauce
- English pound cake trifle
For special dietary requests please call the box office at 904.641.1212. Menu subject to change.