As a tribute to that most iconically Southern of the culinary classics, The Fresh Market is declaring April 9 as National Pimento Cheese Day. To celebrate, the specialty grocer is spreading its love for pimento cheese with recipes, tips, in-store sampling, chef demonstrations, a social media recipe challenge and more.
Shoppers are invited to experience the inaugural national food holiday in all The Fresh Market’s 186 stores nationwide on Saturday, April 9 from noon – 4 p.m. In honor of this fun new culinary celebration, shoppers can enjoy:
- Pimento Cheese Tastings: Nibble on The Fresh Market’s own version of pimento cheese, introduced in 1983 as its first private label product and based on the company founder’s family recipe. To date, the company has sold more than 11 million pounds of it to cheese fanatics across the country.
- Cheesy Chef Demonstrations: Learn the countless number of ways to spread, spoon and smear pimento cheese! At select stores, The Fresh Market’s chefs will demonstrate how to take the traditional spread up a notch with The Fresh Market’s recipe for homemade pimento cheese.
- DIY Pimento Cheese Kits: Cheese the day! DIY Pimento Cheese Kits will be available April 2 and April 9 for shoppers interested in whipping up their own take on pimento cheese.
- A Guide to Pimento Cheese: Shoppers can pick up a National Pimento Cheese Day Event Guide upon arrival at their local store. The guide will include tips and tricks such as: Pimento Cheese Fun Facts, Five Great Ideas for Pimento Cheese and Recipes.
- #CheeseTheDay: Shoppers are encouraged to share their favorite pimento cheese recipes by tagging The Fresh Market’s social media channels and #cheesetheday and #nationalpimentocheeseday. The Fresh Market will select three foodies to receive a complimentary DIY Pimento Cheese Kit at their doorstep just in time for National Pimento Cheese Day.