by Chef Richard Oliva, Chart House
12 U-10 scallops
1 tsp. salt and pepper
3 T. basil pesto sauce
1 ½ oz. balsamic glaze
½ oz. microgreens (garnish)
18 oz. ratatouille (see recipe below)
1. Season both sides of scallops with salt and pepper.
2. Add olive oil to a heated sauté pan. Add scallops and sauté until caramelized and thoroughly hot, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
3. Remove from heat and serve aside pesto and ratatouille vegetables, using microgreens as garnish.
6 oz. eggplant, diced
6 oz. zucchini, diced
6 oz. yellow squash, diced
2 oz. red bell peppers, diced
1 c. whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
2 oz. red onion, diced
1 T. tomato paste
1 ½ T. Italian parsley, chopped
1 ½ T. fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1. Place eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, oil, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl and toss until well combined. Place the mixture on a sheet tray and roast in the oven at 400°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
2. In the same mixing bowl, add red peppers, red onions and whole peeled tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and mix until tomato paste has dissolved into the liquid.
3. Place the mixture on a sheet tray and roast in the 400°F oven for 10-15 minutes until the peppers and onions begin to wilt.
4. Remove both trays from the oven and combine into a large mixing bowl.
5. Add parsley and basil and toss until well combined.