Pan-Seared Grouper with Shrimp and Tasso Ragout
by Chef LJ Cousson, TPC Sawgrass
4 grouper filets (6 oz. each)
1/4 c. canola oil
1/2 c. tasso ham
2 T. mushrooms, chopped
8 shrimp, diced
1/2 c. chopped artichokes
1/4 c. chopped grape tomatoes
1/2 c. diced and blanched potato
1/2 c. heavy cream
4 T. butter
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. scallions, cut on the bias
2 tsp. cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Season and pan-sear the grouper in a non-stick pan with a touch of oil
until it turns light brown on one side before flipping and cooking the other
side until brown.
2. Place in a 350° F oven to finish cooking (should take about 7-8 minutes,
depending on the thickness of the fish).
3. Heat canola oil in a separate sauté pan over medium heat. Add tasso and
mushrooms and sauté for one minute, then add shrimp, artichokes and
salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add grape tomatoes and potatoes, sauté for one minute.
5. Add heavy cream and let boil for one minute before folding in butter.
Finish with lemon juice and scallions and remove from heat.
6. Plate the grouper atop the vegetables and garnish with cilantro.