Jalapeño Poppin' Shrimp recipe
//by Tony Federico, author of Paleo Grilling
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
3 jalapeños, cut in half, seeded, and cut into thin slices
1 lb. bacon strips, cut in half 1⁄4 c. coconut oil, melted 1 lime, quartered
1. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water to cover for 30 minutes.
2. In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Place the shrimp in a large bowl and season with three-fourths of the spice mixture, tossing to evenly coat.
3. Working with one shrimp at a time, make a slit about 3⁄4 inch long at the base of the shrimp. Place 1 jalapeño slice in the slit, then wrap the base of the shrimp all the way around with half a slice of bacon. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
4. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers and season lightly with the remaining spice mixture. Brush the shrimp lightly with coconut oil.
5. Preheat your grill to high heat. Grill the shrimp until the bacon crisps and the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and serve with the lime wedges.