by Ocean 60’s Daniel Groshell // photo by agnes lopez
2-3 slices of smoked salmon
2 slices of bacon (maple or applewood-smoked preferred)
1/2 c. mascarpone
1 slice French baguette
1/2 bunch of fresh dill, torn into thin pieces
1 c. baby arugula
1/4 c. thinly sliced fennel bulb
1 orange, cut into segments
2-3 T. olive oil
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 slice heirloom tomato
1 ripe avocado
Salt and pepper
1. Cut baguette, rub with olive oil salt and pepper and toast until crisp.
2. In a bowl, combine mascarpone with dill, lemon juice, lemon zest. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a separate bowl, toss fennel with arugula, oranges, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Spread your dill-mascarpone mixture on toast, layer smoked salmon, tomatoes, bacon and slices of avocado and top with fennel-orange salsa.
5. Eat with a knife and fork.
makes one sandwich