2 8-oz. bags of spring mix
1 Roma tomato, diced
4 oz. micro greens
1 cup pistachio nuts
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp. light brown sugar
7 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
5 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. Japanese sweet cooking rice wine (mirin)
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup crumbled goat cheese
¼ cup cream cheese
3 tbsp. diced sundried tomato
2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp. fresh roasted garlic
½ tsp. salt and pepper
½ cup roasted fresh corn kernels
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Combine the bags of spring mix, diced Roma tomato and micro greens in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the rice wine vinegar, sugar, salt, Japanese sweet cooking rice wine and extra virgin olive oil. Stir until the sugar dissolves and reserve to the side.
3. Bake the pistachio nuts at 350° for about 15 minutes. Let cool, then blend in food processor and mix with the panko bread crumbs and light brown sugar (this will
be used as breading for the goat cheese patties).
4. In a separate bowl, mix the goat cheese, cream cheese, sundried tomato, fresh dill, roasted garlic, salt, pepper, roasted fresh corn kernels and lemon juice; use a spoon or small ice cream scoop to create small balls. Roll the balls in the breading and gently flatten to create patties.
5. Pan fry the patties in extra virgin olive oil until golden brown.
6. Top the salad with the goat cheese patties and sprinkle with rice wine vinaigrette to taste.
Yields 4-6 servings