from Lisa Jones of Jack & Diane’s
1 pre-baked pie crust
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
3-6 ounces each: zucchini, summer squash, onion, asparagus, tomato
Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Garlic, Six, eggs, 1 cup light cream
yields approximately 8 servings
1. Thaw the pie crust to room temperature. Poke holes in the crust’s sides and bottom with a fork, then crisp at 400 degrees for ten minutes.
2. Remove the crust and evenly layer ½ cup shredded cheese on the bottom of the crust. The cheese should melt.
3. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic to taste. Set aside to use as a marinade for the vegetables.
4. Thinly slice the vegetables, then marinate them for as long as you’d like. Grill the vegetables to desired tenderness, then let cool.
5. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and light cream together, and add salt and pepper.
6. Evenly arrange the vegetable mixture and the remaining ½ cup shredded cheese in the pie shell, then fill with the egg mixture. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350° for 55 minutes, or until firm.
7. Remove the foil and let the quiche bake for ten more minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
8. Remove from oven, and cool for ten minutes before serving.