1 lb. boneless chicken, cubed
2 medium onions, chopped small
2 medium tomatoes,
cleaned and puréed
2 Tbsp. yogurt
1/2 tsp. coriander powder
1/2 tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. tumeric powder
1/2 tsp. red chili powder
11/2 tsp. salt
1 T. fresh ground ginger
1 T. fresh ground garlic
4 T. vegetable oil
Serves 1-2 • Serve with basmati rice and a small salad and naan.
1) Using a soup pot, add the vegetable oil and cook the onions until they are golden brown.
2) Strain the oil from the onions.
3) Add fresh pressed ginger and garlic to the onions and cook until it browns.
4) Add all the spices and cook for two minutes on medium-low heat.
5) Add half a glass of water to form a good paste.
6) Add the chicken cubes and puréed tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
7) Add the yogurt.
8) Cook another five minutes over medium-low heat.